. . .
Go to Image


. . .
Qualifications


. . .
Villages &
New Towns


. . .
Hillside
Projects


. . .
Residential


. . .
Resort
Communities
&Hotels


. . .
Golf
Courses


. . .
Contact Info


. . .
Site Index


. . .
Guest Book



Courtland Farm




Bryan Menne &
Associates

Land Planning
& Landscape Architecture



Courtland Farm

IMAGE: Courtland Farm, Conceptual Development Plan

CLIENT: Marjac Investments / Aradi, Incorporated

SITE: Washington, D.C., Dulles Airport Area

DESCRIPTION:
A 865 acre neo-traditional style Village, Master Planned Community with 165 acres of residential village area, with 289 dwelling units incorporating Commercial, Civic Village Green, Townhomes, Residential SFD 6,000 S.F. and 1/4 to 1/3 acre lots, to 10 thru I 00 acre Estate lots, a 3 0 acre Polo Club, extensive open space conservancy farmlands and hardwood forested hillsides.

This sensitively designed Village was the prototype of the Loudoun County Village Ordinance, and respected numerous constraints including - wetlands - less than 1/2 acre disturbed, development areas were less than 25% slope, respected mature hardwoods and integrated residential products with other wooded areas outside of ravines and stream courses. In addition the Village was adjacent to the Scenic Monroe-Madison Hwy. and Scenic canoeing Goose Creek, adjacent to the historic Oatlands Estate and the 660 acre future Banshee Reeks County Park.

The new Courtland Village is responsively designed to natural features within just 20% of the site and leaving 80% per County Ordinance to open space Conservancy to preserve the rural Virginia countryside, was approved in 1995.


Please sign our Guest Book.
At Bryan Menne & Associates, we want to make this site both informative and evolving. Please take advantage of our Guest Book. If you do make comments about this site, we would be happy to respond to all reasonable requests.

These images have been 'screen optimized' at 75 dpi. If you have a use for 'printer optimized' 1200 dpi, leave us a message by email and if possible, we can accomodate you.



[ Villages / New Towns | Hillside Projects | Residential | Golf Courses ]
[ Contact Info | Front Page | Guest Book | Qualifications ]


ALL IMAGES © 1996, 1997, BRYAN MENNE. ANY REPRODUCTION WITHOUT PERMISSION IS PROHIBITED.

© 1997. THIS SITE DESIGNED BY RANDALL MARQUIS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.